Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Lana

I don't know why I started naming my jewelry. I guess to get "the story" started. This is what I made for Art Bead Scene's June challenge. It's based on a painting by Lautrec, Marcelle Lender Dancing the Bolero in "Chilpiric." There is a little printout of it in picture number two. Picture number one shows Yellow Dog in the background lying on the guest bed in my most untidy work space/guest room. The art bead I used is a beautiful teal ceramic connector bead by Lisa Peters. Did you know she has two Etsy shops? Lisa Peters Art and Lisa Peters Destash. I made all the colorful wool beads, needle felted them I did. There is also some tiny swarovski crystals and pyrite beads.

9 comments:

  1. So full of life and color. That would be fun to wear! Wish I had had time to do something for that one becuase the colors are stunning.
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the necklace and what wonderful creative photos !
    My favorite thing to do now is to click the photo to enlarge and then click again so it gets even bigger
    It's a pretty and colorful necklace ! ........love how you come up with the name TOO !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colorful necklace, captures the liveliness of the art work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your necklace - and I also have a yellow dog who likes to sleep 20 hours a day - preferably on a soft elevated surface :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beauty. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors...i bet it's really light weight too!
    Bead Happy!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great necklace! I love the colors you used for your wool beads.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The necklace is so pretty! Those will be great fall colors1 Are you selling that on etsy?

    ReplyDelete