Thursday, October 22, 2009

So I finally finished (I think) the necklace I've been working on. The coco pendant is from The Bead Pod. I love it! I took forever foraging through my stash, thinking I wanted one thing but it didn't look real right - you know the drill. I am happy with the finished design though. In the past I've been such a symmetrical gal and then in the last few months I'd moved into an asymmetrical grove, but that wasn't working for me. It may have something to do with the pendant having such a dramatic vertical element in it's center. I don't know. I am thinking of hanging a tiny silver bird from the "bail", and add a teensy tiny red bead from him. Hmmm. The light here in Michigan is typical. There is none. Gone from now until June 18th or so. So the picture kind of sucks. I do like it on the water spotted wood though. I went to the bead shop this morning. The "good" one is just far enough away that it takes me forever to get motivated to go. Was good though. I have decided that I am totally into the hunt and stash. Perhaps I was a squirrel in a past life. I got the goodies home and now I just want to hold them and look at them. Maybe that is just part of my process.

3 comments:

  1. Love it love it love it!! I can't think of a better design for that pendant! Kudos to figuring out how to make it work. YOu did a great job, it's gorgeous!
    And, i know you weren't really asking for opinions but YES to the bird and red bead. OH YES!! thanks for mentioning the bead pod. you're the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS LORELEI!!! I am off to find the perfect little red bead. I'm thinking coral......but it must be tiny. I'll post the finished pic:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This necklace is just wonderful, the coco pendant is perfect and the symmetrical way you've done it isn't a problem ;-)

    xox

    ReplyDelete