Wednesday, December 9, 2009

No.'s 6,7 and 8

So we had our nieces this weekend the youngest being one and quite active so I had to improvise on the painting-a-day thing and color instead. That was OK. I had actually been to an opening a few weeks ago and one of the artist's body of work was in crayon. Kind of refreshing actually. Somewhere between the age of three and twenty we have decided to poo -poo crayons as a serious medium. I don't know why. Anyhow, the crayon drawing is of one of my lamps that I got at the salvage yard for five dollars. It is a beautiful green ceramic lamp. It has recessed areas and when I spotted it, I thought it was glazed with the green and and sepia. When I got it home and wiped it down, the sepia came off. I thought "What could this be?" My mother - in -law suggested nicotine. YUUUUUCCCCKKKK! So it took a bit of elbow grease to get it off, and in the meantime we decided it had been antiqued with shoe polish. Anyhow, totally worth five dollars! It is beautiful!!
The second painting is pastel of a ceramic bird figurine. Love the figurine, not loving the painting. We will leave it at that.
Yesterday's is of a garlic bulb setting on a small dish that Mr. Pearl and Pebble's mother made. (LOVE THESE DISHES) Pastel on Wallis paper-belgian mist. I do like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment