Monday, August 16, 2010

This And That

I think it has probably been a good eight months since I ordered these cafe au lait swirly glass beads from Kelley. And I just completed a design with them. YAY ME!!! I have had them sitting together with these other sweet babies knowing that I loved how the colors and patterns were working so well with each other. I have had the center bead for about ten years now and don't remember anything about it except that I got it in Charlotte. The two amazing beauties next to it I picked up from Andrew Thornton's shop. And the bigger faceted barrels toward the back were someone else's destash.... I like it. I like it alot. Don't know if I want to plop it in the shop or not.
The family is on their way back to Florida. I think I am a terrible daughter/hostess. I think I totally stress when my house/space is crowded. And the heat just doesn't help. It may have caused the "episode", I don't know. I had to pull over on my way to work the other day because my heart was beating funny, I couldn't catch my breath and I was quite light headed. Mr. Pearl and Pebble came and got me and we spent the afternoon in the hospital. EKG was normal, blood was normal. ???? So I don't know. What I do know is that I do NOT like IVs. I have those cute little rolling veins and it takes forEVer to find a keeper. Ouch. The other thing I know is that it is very hard to provide a urine sample when you have a tube stuck in the bendy part of your arm and monitor wires hanging from your chest and the gown you are wearing is open in the back. It probably didn't hurt to check out the heart. Ladies, heart disease is a HUGE killer of women. And our symptoms are different from men's from what I understand. Which is why problems probably go undetected longer.
We took a little camping trip over the weekend. The campground was soooooo crowded. Still it was nice to be in our little camper with yellow dog. It even has A/C and a pottie!!!!! WHOO HOOO! We got home yesterday and planned the next trip. I am really really really looking forward to that one! The colors will be peaking (hopefully) in Michigan's upper peninsula-which is a lovely place to be no matter when if you ever get the opportunity.
Tomorrow I will be posting about my necklace that is featured in the current issue of Stringing. I know! I am so thrilled!!! Have a great day everyone:)

9 comments:

  1. I live in Michigan, the lower half, and absolutely love the drive up to the UP. Crossing Mackinac Bridge is breathtaking. But nothing is as beautiful as seeing the leaves changing colors in the fall. We try to get to SSM every couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for using the beads. The bracelet turned out wonderfully, Tari! Some things just have to marinate for awhile, don't they? :)

    I'm sorry you landed yourself in the hospital and got stuck multiple times. No Fun! Just glad you're ok and they didn't find anything wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! That bracelet made me hurry over to the coffee machine and I came back with a big fat cappuccino. :-))
    Take care! And good that you went to hospital for a checkup. Even if they couldn't find anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care of yourself girlie, and yes, get your heart checked. My mom found out last year that she had heart problems, and we had no clue, until after the heart attack. Rest, relax, and enjoy the cooler weather. :) Can't wait to see your necklace tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The heart palpitations are scary. They can be caused by non heart things too like--thyroid or hormones. Get those checked out too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Family has a way of doing things to us. Glad you got it all checked out, and the fact that you went camping tells me you are doing much better and all the tests came out good. Take care. Love the cafe au lait beads, almost like Zebra Jasper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one gorgeous bracelet! Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad that you are feeling better. I had the same thing going on with me...everything (heart, hormones, thyroid) all checked out. It may be a bit of a anxiety attack. Life is stressful and when you add in a bit of family...it's more so.

    Bracelet turned out cute!
    Bead Happy!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Sweetie. :( I'm so sorry you just went through that.

    There are people who draw energy from other people and there are people who need to be by themselves in order to regroup, I am not surprised you had heart palpitations after a full house of visitors!

    I REALLY like that bracelet!

    ReplyDelete