Sunday, August 8, 2010

Little Treasures

This beautiful beautiful work of art was found this morning on the driveway. Upside down and quite expired. But pretty much perfect otherwise. Look at the color and intricacy of his wings. Amazing. We also found two cicadas in a similar state. I have to say that was a bit worrisome. Is there a pesticide cloud surrounding my house? I have been a bit more quieter than usual and that's because I have had my parents and grandma staying with us this past week. And the computer is in the office/guest room. Went to my sis's yesterday for a family reunion. (I'm convinced that there is nothing more humbling than for one to be surrounded by his gene pool.) The parents and grandma will be back here with us again tomorrow for a few more days. Then they will head back to Florida. Hope you all are having a terrific weekend. What treasures have you discovered today?

8 comments:

  1. Great photo - beauty is really everywhere! My treasure is more mundane - I've found a great purple cashmere cardigan at summer sale. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me? I found a super awesome fall sweater on sale at Kohl's and now I must count down the days until I can wear said sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is beautiful.. i remember finding a cicada that died while emerging from its cocoon - em took it to preschool for show & tell - we thought it was neat... i got to be at a glass studio today and saw beautiful things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful is that dragonfly. I think cicadas have a short life cycle? I found a single beautifu dragonfly wing on my deck this morning. I have no idea where the rest of her was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor little thing! But isn't she beautiful? Wow! My treasure today? An evening walk in the woods close to my house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a coincidence, I found a similar dragonfly today by the pool...my son commented that it was unfortunate. And we saw a cicada shell over the weekend as well.
    Enjoy your time with family!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is unusual to find a dragonfly so well preserved. They are so pretty and yet fragile. Enjoy your visitors!

    ReplyDelete