Saturday, July 9, 2011

Finally!

How long have I had my little Fire Fly Kiln?!?! It was my happy birthday present to me I believe, um, in '09. Finally I have my first baked batch of stoneware beads. Yay Me!!! Really looking forward to playing with some glazes. I chose a clay with alot of texture, so it will be interesting to see how they finally end up. I hope they won't be too scratchy. Thanks to all the Beads of Clay artists who have been so helpful and willing to share with me!!!!
Time is so limited with the babes these days. They are rolling and creeping and unless they are napping in a confined area, I can't leave them. Sooooooo I have also continued to play with my seed beads and trying to learn some patterns and following a few tutorials to see what I can come up. Pretty theaputic actually. The round beads are a tutorial from Etsy's The Crimson Moon.
Some really really really beautiful slag beach stone beads from Stone Me. I just love these blues. Indulged in this little purchase to whip up something special for my mom in law's birthday. She's so awesome. Never complains that all she ever gets from us is something handmade usually by me. Have a great weekend. Maybe I can get some glaze on my new babies and post that picture before next month. HA! Cross our fingers

6 comments:

  1. I am so happy to learn that you are using your FireFly kiln. Nice beads you made!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the beads you made and think you should keep some unglazed. They looks so ancient.

    Maybe with a pic of glazed beads, you can also throw in a pic of the boys? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great beads, you should be proud of your accomplishment...cant' wait to see them glazed!!! It would be wonderful to see the little fellows! I'm sure they have grown a great deal!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am in LOVE with those slag beads - how cool are those. I can't wait to see what you do with your beads. I am a sucker these days for stone wear :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. After all they look very nice and pretty beaded little things...nice to be experimenting and creating.Gold Charm

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving your blog and wondering how I didn't know about you before! Love your writing.. I feel like I'm sitting right next to you.

    Got a question for you - what clay did you use to create your beads? I've been doing some with air dry, but have a kiln so thought maybe I should give it a try.

    Off to add you to my roll...

    ReplyDelete