Sunday, August 21, 2011

Bead Update

Remember a couple weeks ago (might have been months-I don't know) when I showed you my gorgeous slag beads from Lake Michigan? Well I finally put it all together and this is what I came up with......
I love the blues-like a whole LOT, and I wish I was a keepin this one. BTW the stones are from Stone Me on Etsy. And here is my second batch of glazed beads. I am pretty happy with the results. I want a block of hours where I can play with the clay. When I get little snippets of time, I just roll morphy rounds-which I love-but it all can't be just that. I also want to play with my glazes more too.
I have a really neat gold, but it comes out quite black. The black is cool. I like it. But it is not the gold I envision when I am brushing it on.
These are my favorites. I love the matte finish. I love the turquoise. I love the "roughness" and how they look like I was digging in the backyard and came across little treasures buried decades ago.
How are you all doing with your Bead Soups? I haven't assembled yet, I have them laid out, partnered with other beads, moved around and thinking about where I want to go with them. If you don't know what Bead Soup is, click the icon at the top right of the page and seriously consider playing in the next round. Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. I do like the silver with those stones in your bracelet. And your ceramic beads are lovely! The turquoise is so nice. Sometimes those metalic glazes can be persnickety. But I quite like the black that came out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVe the galzed beads. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bracelet...

    I really like what you are making...very earthy feeling which I love! I would particularly like the chocolate with the turquoise...nice contrast!

    Have fun...
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete