Sunday, October 9, 2011

I Heart Macro

I love texture. And I have always been drawn to objects that indicate they have a history. My photography professor would refer to it as "decay", which technically may be true, but I find that term to be too yucky. I prefer distressed, weathered, having a story, having a history etc. The story here is simply that our water is hard. It wrecks everything-eventually. This is the base of our coffee maker, the part the pot sits on. (Please disregard the coffee overspill along the edge that I have not yet cleaned up) This is probably our 5th maker since 2002. I don't know. Maybe that's normal. But the build up/break down on the heater seat here, "distressed" as it is, is so very beautiful to me. I want to recreate this somehow. I think it would be beautiful on clay, polymer and/or earth, paper, beaded beads...............
It looks very topographical to me. And a little like the solar system. Sigh. I REALLY REALLY REALLY want a whole day to play. Does this happen before kindergarten? Seriously?

7 comments:

  1. These shots are interesting and very full of texture! At first I thought it was going to be a picture of a piece of Jasper.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lpve texture too...that coffee base would make a great background for photos...eg with jewellery on it etc. I am always on the look out for something like that ...lucky you! Not so good about the water though!
    jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great texture! I focused on texture this week, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what a wonderful texture, love the colours in this piece

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to call this rusty in blue ^_^

    The Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great shot! I never would have guessed what the subject matter was. I need to look at things around the house in a different way. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, would be a great "texture" piece, as well. Great macro shot. kareninkenai

    ReplyDelete