Thursday, April 8, 2010

What is a weed? What is a wildflower? All I know is these tiny little flowers popped up in the garden the other day and I felt the need to pluck them, not because they were any nuisance, but because I found them so soft and fragile and lovely. The flower is a wee bit bigger than my thumbnail. The petals are tissue thin. Soft and white with stripes of pale blue and a pop of butter yellow. Dainty and fragile. I would love to see these reproduced in glass. And wouldn't they be lovely on the end of a headpin?

4 comments:

  1. oh i love them, but i am a sucker for a wildflower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I see what you see! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautimous. Thanks for voting for me by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are pretty. A weed is but a flower by another name.

    ReplyDelete